Xi’an Jiaotong University Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2021
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is an international joint venture university founded by Xi’an Jiaotong University in China and the University of Liverpool in the United Kingdom. As an independent Sino-foreign cooperative university, it captures the essence of both prestigious parent universities and is the first and only one of its kind approved by the Ministry of Education in China.
XJTU is a comprehensive academic university with ten majors. Categories of disciplines in research, architecture, medicine, Economics, Management, Humanities, Law, Philosophy, Education and the Arts and 26 Colleges, 9 College Schools Twenty associated teaching hospitals. It established extensive international communication ties with about 300 universities and research institutions from 44 countries and regions.
To ensure international students must get sufficient financial assistance, Xi’an Jiaotong University (XJTU) is accepting applications for its scholarships program for postgraduate studies for the academic year 2021-2022.
Grants are available to master’s students for no more than three academic years or to doctoral students for no more than four academic years. Free on-campus dormitory housing, monthly living allowance and extensive medical treatment for international students in China.Apply for Xi'an Jiaotong University Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2021 Click To Tweet
Xi’an Jiaotong University Scholarship
- CSC-Chinese University Program A waiver of tuition fee, Free on-campus dormitory accommodation, Monthly living allowance, Comprehensive Medical Insurance for International Students in China. It only supports master’s students for no more than 3 academic years or doctoral students for no more than 4 academic years, and it covers both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, as specified in the Admission Letter.
- XJTU Siyuan International Student Scholarship A waiver of tuition fee, monthly living allowance. It supports master’s students for 2 academic years or doctoral students for 3 academic years.
- XJTU-Xi’an City Government “Belt and Road” International Student Scholarship A waiver of tuition fee, monthly living allowance. It supports master’s students for 2 academic years or doctoral students for 3 academic years.
- Accommodation, comprehensive medical insurance are NOT included in Xi’an Jiaotong University Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2021 Siyuan International Student Scholarship and XJTU-Xi’an City Government International Student Scholarship.
- All the scholarship laureates must take the Scholarship Annual Review to confirm the next year’s scholarship status and/or level after being admitted.
- The Annual Review Result of Chinese Government Scholarship may result in the following scholarship status: funding, suspension, or cancellation.
- The Annual Review Result of Xi’an Jiaotong University Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2021 Siyuan International Student Scholarship and XJTU-Xi’an City Government “Belt and Road” International Student Scholarship may result in funding, suspension, cancellation, or change of allowance level.
Eligibility for XI’AN JIAOTONG University Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies
The Applicants must meet these Eligibility criteria
- Applicants for Xi’an Jiaotong University Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2021 must be an international student with valid passports,
- Applicants must be in good health
- Applicants for Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree and be under 35 years of age, Applicants for Doctoral degree must have a Master’s degree and be under 40 years of age;
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any other types of scholarship.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying Bachelor or master’s degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- Full tuition fee
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Accommodation Fee
- Registration Fee
- Monthly stipend for Master (3000 RMB) for doctoral Students (3500RMB).
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow these steps
Online application at CSC website. Download the completed Application Form for the Chinese Government Scholarship, print and sign, your name.
Program Type: B
Agency No. : 10698
Online application at Xi’an Jiaotong University’s International student application system
Pay the application fee. (The university will send Payment Notice for Application through system information/email to those who pass the initial review.)
- Application fee is 800RMB which is non-refundable.
- The online application is the only way to submit the application. Hard copies are unacceptable.
All documents must be complete, true, and correct in either Chinese or English.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship Downloaded after online application in CSC system.
- Xi’an Jiaotong University Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2021 Application Form for International Students Automatically formed after online application in XJTU system.
- Completed Original Physical Examination Record for Foreigners and Blood Test Report The physical examination must cover ALL the items listed in the form. The forms with incomplete records or without the suggestion and signature of the attending physician, the official cross-edge stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take a physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- Original Non-criminal Record
- Original Highest Diploma and Its Notarized Copies (Prospective diploma winners must submit an official certificate from their current university.)
- Original transcripts in undergraduate or graduate period and their notarized copies
- Recommendation Letters Two original recommendation letters written by professors or associate professors. If applicants have already got provisional acceptance from professors at XJTU, please provide Xi’an Jiaotong University Recommendation Letter from Potential Supervisor as one of the two recommendation letters. The format can be downloaded here SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR Ph.D. APPLICANTS: some schools require a Recommendation Letter from the Potential Supervisor. Please check the remarks at Programs List and professors of each school here
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal Applicants must submit a written study plan or research proposal in English or Chinese, with a minimum of 800 words for a Master’s degree and 1500 words for a Doctoral degree. SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR PHD APPLICANTS: you are required to use the format of Xi’an Jiaotong University Study Plan for Doctoral Degree Program which can be downloaded here
- Original Research Achievements and Notarized Copies Applicants may submit published research papers, award certificates, or other documents to prove their achievement and ability in academic research if any.
- Certificate of Language Proficiency Chinese-taught programs: Report of HSK 4 180 points and above. Other language proficiency certificate is also acceptable upon approved by XJTU. Some programs require HSK5 180 points (find at Programs List ) English-taught programs: transcript of IELTS 6.0 and above, TOEFL 80 and above. Other language proficiency certificate is also acceptable upon approved by XJTU.
- . Photocopy of Valid Ordinary Passport Notes: a) No application documents mentioned above will be returned whether the application is successful or not. b) Incomplete Applications will be rejected. c) Notarized Chinese/English versions are required for documents with languages other than the two.
Students may apply here for a General Visa Tier-4 three months prior to the start of a full-time course upon receipt of their Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS). At the same time, those intending to study for a limited duration of about six months or less can apply for a short-stay student visa.
November 15th — March 15th, 2021
Xingqing Campus Admission Office for International Students
School of International Education, Xi’an Jiaotong University
No.28, Xianning West Road, Xi’an, Shaanxi, 710049, P.R. China